MY LIfe In A Pickle Jar

surrounded by cucumbers

Monday, December 11, 2006

More than just the Jazz

I have never really travelled the States. Sure I have been to Seattle, Vegas, and the likes, but they are so full of Canadians that it doesn't really seem that different. So imagine the shock to my system when I went to Utah last week. WOW, Man. What a culture shock. But, a lot happened, here's the things that made my trip.

Top 5 things about being in Utah:

5. Spanish TV - I could not understand a single word spoken, but the girls were hot and there were some good fights.
4. Hot Sauce - No matter where you go in the U.S. there are a lot of Mexicans and they like their hot sauce.
3. The amount of free drinks that were consumed by me - Even though the beer was only 3.2 % the hard alcohol wasn't watered down.
2. My roomate from Virginia - I had the pleasure of sharing a room in our hotel with Greg. He was from Virginia and he snored as loud as me, farted as much as me, drank more than me, and was pretty much my smoking buddy all weekend.
1. The Rock the Bells Tour - Not only did I get to see Raekwon, Redman, DJ Kool, Smif N Wessun, and Supernatural, but they were staying in our hotel.

Worst 5 things about Utah:

5. Forgetting my camera - There were so many funny things that I saw. From the "MenLove" liscence plate to the 50 yr olds getting jiggy with it during Raekwon. All the oppertunities that were missed because I forgot my camera in my glove compartment.
4. Every thing to do with the airlines - Not getting a fire exit seat, them losing my luggage, not being allowed to bring my hot sauce on the plane, the price of beer, having to be there 2 hrs early, customs officers, pretty much everything to do with flying.
3. American cigarettes and no strip clubs - The 1 and only srip club in all of Utah is in Park City and right before we got there it was shut down. Now I'm not saying I love strip clubs, but when you are with about 25 guys for a while sometimes you need to reduce the "gay" factor. And I'm sorry, but Marlboroughs are no Export A's.
2. The price of a cab in Park City - To go 1 mile was $15.00 but I only had 10 so i got a deal, but seriously, rip off.
1. 3.2 % Alcohol in the beer - No explanation needed.

-Pickle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home