MY LIfe In A Pickle Jar

surrounded by cucumbers

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Call the cops, I was robbed!

I like to consider myself a fair and just person. That is why when I see injustices like last night happen I get a little ticked off.
The night started like any other night. Scott called to say that he would be late coming over as his truck was on fire outside of his house. I think it was the little girls dressed up like princesses. After that first roadblock it was off to Broken City for a night of dancing and to see if anyone could top my amazing costume. (pics tomorrow) No one could, yet somehow I lost the costume contest. I don't know how it was judged, maybe on boob size as the winner was wearing a box covered in duct tape. I didn't even place. I mean come on, I sweated my ass off for nothing. I have never felt so cheated in my life. (Or since last year when the pickle costume lost to Bender, but I still got second place) So Broken City is now on the "LIST." After Saturday's painful wait and last nights upset I don't know if we can get along anymore.
On an upside, I have a new found respect for Cadence Weapon. It turns out that he has lost all respect for J5 as myself and Sarah. To quote as best as I can remember from my inebriated state last night, "Dave Mathews, seriously what the fuck?" To which I responded "And Nelly Furtado." So tonight if you are at his show watch for me, I will be booing Jurassic 5.

-Pickle

Halloween pictures tommorrow including a short feature entitled "Let's see what happens when Scott steals my camera."

6 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger ~sarah p. said…

    I stand by my opinions. I can only let J5 off the hook for so long... They've crossed way too many unforgivable lines.

    Hope Cadence throws it down on stage tonight (he WILL).

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Marco said…

    Damn that broken city! i would go into a tirade, but it wouldn't be becoming of an employee. sorry you got tied up on saturday.

    but seriously, newfound respect for cadence weapon? i'm sorry, i don't see the appeal, and i haven't since the get go, and last night's opening set did nothing to change my opinion (actually, it reinforced my feelings if anything).

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Marco said…

    oh, and i actually liked the nelly furtado song on power in numbers. mind you, i don't really mind nelly furtado. but yeah, dave matthews... WTF?! i can't believe they played it as the encore. i had hoped i wouldn't have to hear it.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger pickle said…

    I had hoped not to hear that Dave Mathews part too, but other than that, wow!. And I agree about Cadence's performance last night. To much yelling, why you got to be so mad?

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger ~sarah p. said…

    Still love Cadence. Maybe he's better in smaller venues?
    (totally can't say 'cause I wasn't there)
    I'm surprised Dave Matthews didn't just show up, it's not like he's doing anything else (besides maybe manufacturing date-rape drugs for sale at his concerts).

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Marco said…

    i should mention that if you're going to the dr. octagon show, the tickets are gonna say early show again, but smart money would be on him not starting until 10:30-ish as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home