MY LIfe In A Pickle Jar

surrounded by cucumbers

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The worst part about vacationing is that I need one when I get back

I made it across the border no problem. Seattle was a blast, we went skateboarding, drank some beer, ate some great food, and had a hole lot of hugs and laughter.

Here are the top 10 best and worst things about the trip:

BEST

10. Mexican Food. I know Seattle is about as far away as you can get from Mexico, but they still have way more authentic food than Taco Time.
09. The Pilsner Urquell keg in the Capita office. We had only been in town for less than 2 hrs when they were already pouring beers down my throat.
08. My New shoes. I have a little love affair for shoes and was finally to be able to afford the ones I wanted. Awesomeness.
07. The fact that a 12 pack of beer costs $5.99. What else could you ask for, except that it goes down like water and I never really got "that" drunk.
06. Seeing the same bum in the same place 2 days in a row. It's like he never left.
05. Blue's House. I love the fact that Seattle is like Nelson, but on the water. They have these super sweet old houses that hippies have owned for yrs and accumulated tons of junk in their yard and painted their fences in rainbows.
04. Southern BBQ. The first night Mexican chocolate made these ribs. Oh my god seriously you have not lived until you've eaten ribs where the meat falls off the bone before you pick up the rib. Seriously, thank you.
03. Early Man. I can't say how amazing these guys are.
02. The premiere night and all of the stuff that went along with it. Because my mom reads this I will give you the radio friendly version. Dustin and plan A and B and the AV club. Me and an older lady on the dance floor. Countless boobs on the walk back to the van.
01. Bonus. The Swede with the snoose.

Worst
10 through 5 Everything to do with traveling. The 2 hrs of sleep, the 4 hr stop over, that I had to wait 3 hrs at the airport for Tj, the Seattle airport as a whole.
4. My broken camera. The first night my camera got broken, I have no idea how, but it did. Big ups to Best Buy for buying my story.
3. American cigarettes. The filters are like 2 inches long and they taste like shit.
2. The fact that breakfasts in the U.S. cost more than they do in Canada. I mean C'mon it's fucking eggs, bacon, toast, and hashbrowns. It shouldn't be more than the price of beer.
1. Coming Back.

Pics coming once I figure out how to work my new camera.

-Pickle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home