MY LIfe In A Pickle Jar

surrounded by cucumbers

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lately it's the little things

I am not a coffee person. Never have been and probably never will be. I don't need that jolt first thing to get me going. I do, however, love my morning shower. It's probably the best part of the day. And it's getting even better. The drain is finally unclogged. Gone are the days of standing in Lake Dirty Bathwater, it's now a constant flowing river. I also got a new radio for the bathroom. No longer am I singing to myself, now I can rock out to Donna Summer and Lionel Ritchie in mono (not stereo, there is only one speaker). And probably the best thing about showers is that you can do anything in them. Have sex, eat, shave, and my two most favourite things, brush my teeth and drink beer.

Brushing your teeth in the shower is hands down the best way to brush your teeth. It's like the first time you try iced tea. For years you had only known tea to be dranken hot. Then one day when you are your friends house, who's mom let's him drink sugary stuff, he offers you a glass of iced tea. What! Tea that is cold and sweet and not bitter in any way. No way. It's exactly like that. For years we have brushed our teeth with cold water from the sink, all the while not realizing that in the shower you can spit wherever you want and it just washes off.

Shower beer is a rare treat, kind of like going home for a nice dinner. It's fun every once in a while, but if you do it to much you get fat and you get annoyed of your mom asking you why you don't have a girlfriend.

-Pickle

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger ~sarah p. said…

    ...I couldn't agree more (and for the record, my mom asks me why I don't have a BOYFRIEND, thank you very much).

    Seriously, though. Shower beers are the tops. Cold beer? Warm shower? So satisfying.

    And brushing your teeth in the shower? Come on now. I guarantee that if you brush your teeth in the shower, you walk outta there feeling a million times cleaner than when you have a regular shower. Perhaps it's because my parents were one step away from nazi-germany diligency when it came to oral hygiene, but I don't remember a time when I wasn't a huge advocate of toothbrushes in the shower (not the bath...ever).

    Really amazing post.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger cc said…

    I hate bruhing my teeth in the shower. It's crossing lines that don't need to be crossed. A brief brush before you go in, and a lengthy brush afterwards, and you're good to go.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home